Based in Brussels with a team of lawyers specialised in Belgian and European business law, our client is one of the rare independent law firms with a truly international dimension, both in terms of lawyers and clients.
With a team of approximately 70 lawyers from more than 20 countries, our client offers a unique international work environment. While the working language of the office is English, the lawyers speak more than 15 different languages.
The firm provides the highest quality legal services to a global client base comprising multinational companies, governments and international trade associations, as well as a broad spectrum of domestic Belgian enterprises.
The firm’s Belgian business law practice is in full expansion and concentrates primarily on corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, employment law, commercial law, intellectual property law, GDPR, litigation and arbitration, competition law and regulated markets (life sciences, energy and telecom).
Considering the expansion of the Corporate M&A practice, our client is currently looking for associates with 1 to 5 years’ experience.
As the team wants its lawyers to become broad-experienced, you will assist international and Belgian clients on a broad range of Corporate M&A matters, including capital markets, private M&A, (distressed) restructuring, private equity and venture capital, corporate governance and corporate litigation. You will be offered the opportunity to work primarily on cross-border matters, including coordinating international transactions, and will be in direct contact with the clients.
You will collaborate closely with your colleagues in the various practice areas. This will give you the opportunity to become part of a multi-disciplinary team of highly qualified experts working on a common project. Whereas you will be working in close cooperation with, and assistance of, the senior lawyers, you will be given a lot of responsibilities and freedom to develop initiatives within the group and the firm.
You will be part of the Corporate M&A team and you will be able to rely on excellent support staff.
- You are a Belgian-qualified lawyer with an excellent academic track record;
- An additional Master degree with a focus on Corporate M&A from an English-speaking university is a strong asset;
- You have 1 to 5 years’ experience in Corporate M&A at a reputable law firm;
- You have perfect knowledge of French and/or Dutch, an excellent command of English, and strong command of the other national language;
- You are entrepreneurial, a team player, eager to learn, able to work independently and confident; and
- You have strong analytical and writing skills.
- You will be part of a fast-growing department of Van Bael & Bellis, with an increasingly strong market reputation;
- You will be able to work in a stimulating and dynamic environment with motivated and enthusiastic colleagues, direct client contacts, and high-profile cases for companies operating in a wide range of sectors;
- The firm relies on a very professional working environment with all necessary support and best-of-class IT solutions, which will enable you to concentrate on the high-level legal work;
- You will be in contact with a diversified international client base. You will find a variety in your work, with the ability to take initiative;
- The firm offers very flexible work terms, including extensive working from home opportunities;
- The firm praises itself for offering a good professional and private life balance, and to take into account the different personal needs of its lawyers with a view to developing into strong professionals;
- You will be offered a very attractive and competitive remuneration package and a range of benefits; and
- The firm invests heavily in its people in terms of training, welfare, incentive and reward, and prides itself on maintaining a friendly, informal and sociable working atmosphere.