Sally Europe is the biggest supplier in Europe for hair and beauty professionals.
The brand has grown from a single store in New Orleans in 1964 to become an international group (headquartered in the US), synonymous with professional hair & beauty.
Sally Europe brings together the following market-leading professional brands: Sally, Salon Services, Pro Duo, Salon Success, and Sinelco, and has store estates spans across 7 core European countries – UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Germany and Spain. Serving both the professional and retail customer, Sally Europe provides the ultimate shopping experience with unrivalled range, choice, value, convenience, service and expertise.
Sally Europe’s belief is that everyone deserves to look and feel great in their own unique way and they want to be part of making that happen.
As Legal Advisor, you will support the group’s activities in continental Europe and the UK.
You will among others have the following tasks:
- Provide legal advice on all business operations and activities of the group and advise the other departments on a variety of legal matters;
- Prepare, review and negotiate a wide spectrum of contracts relating amongst others to: franchising, store leases, distribution, product development, purchasing, etc.;
- Manage litigation (except for accounts payables) and the few court disputes in different countries, and set-up risk mitigation strategies;
- Assist the group entities in complying with GDPR/privacy legislation;
- Support the paralegal in corporate housekeeping and restructuring activities;
- Liaise with outside counsels.
You will report to the European Legal Director and will be based in Ghent.
- You have a Master in law.
- You have 5 to 7 years relevant experience in commercial contracts and business law in the broad sense, gained in a law firm and preferably also as in-house counsel. You have, more generally, sound legal reasoning skills and a generalist business law background, acquired in an international environment.
- You have an international mindset and work well with people in different countries and languages. You are prepared to travel occasionally (mainly to the UK).
- Being familiar with UK law is a strong plus.
- You are fluent in English, French and Dutch. Spanish and German are an asset.
- You are driven and have a flexible, pragmatic and commercial attitude.
- You are hands-on and have a can-do attitude; you like to work in a fast moving environment.
- You know how to work in an independent manner, work well under pressure and are a good team player.